Tuesday 9 November 2010

Pre op clamber

Snowdon and Tryfan, November 2010.

Chris has joined me on a trip up Snowdonia before the big day.

I picked Chris up at Chiverton around 6pm on the 5th November and we drove on upto Pen-Y-Pas, arriving to a wet and windy carpark around 1230am Saturday morning.

We decided to kip in the van rather than mess around finding a campsite, the front seats of the van proved to be quite comfortable, except for the handbrake. Not to sure how Chris faired in the back of the van though.




We woke around 6am with the weather a great improvement. The plan was to navigate the the Snowdon Horseshoe, however we left the options open to reach Yr Wyddfa and head down if needs be. This proved to be a good idea. The weather was good, couldn't really of asked for better conditions. The sun was out, next to no wind and temperature was good. Shame that my fitness wasn't good!

We made our way up the Pyg Track to Crib junction where we took a right and headed up to Crib Goch. The climb up was fun
I'd forgotten how much I enjoy scrambling and climbing. I had also forgotten what the view was like once on the top.

After a relaxed scramble (crawl) along Crib Goch we decided to end to day with a summit of Snowdon and a wander down the Pyg Track, neither of us wanted to over do it and ruin the climb up Tryfan on Sunday.


We headed down to the van, which I must admit was a very welcome site! I was shattered! We headed over toward Tryfan in search for the campsite, Gwern Gof Isaf Farm. A nice little site very close to Tryfan, hot showers (which were very welcome), bunkhouses and lots of tent space.



After a shower hot food and a beer, with the rain tapping on the tent I finally hit the hay around 9pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment